A clogged drain is not a pleasant situation to deal with. Hair, gunk, germs, nail clippings (gross!), and who knows what else gets stuck in there! If it’s a kitchen sink that’s the problem, you are going to want to unclog that sink in a hurry because the smell is enough to drive you out of your house.
Clogged drains are a serious nuisance by slowing down completion of daily chores, leaving unwanted residue behind, and causing all sorts of other problems. So what’s the solution?
MPE Maintenance Plumbing Experts for quality service, fast responses, and effective results. Our workmanship is guaranteed, so you can have total peace of mind when you call on our plumbers to clear a clogged drain. We accommodate your schedule and make sure to walk you through the issue that needs to be fixed.
Call our plumbing technicians at the first signs of a slowing drain to prevent a major clog or backup! Give us a call at 1300 773 444 or request an estimate online.
Signs of a Clogged Drain:
- Water begins to back up out of a sink drain.
- Pools of water form around shower drains.
- Water drains very slowly after forming pools.
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink.
- Drains make gurgling sounds after running the washing machine or dishwasher.
- Pools of water form on the floor close to the bathtub or a sink.
- There is a smell of rotting food coming from the kitchen sink area.
- Sewage odors wafting up from one or more drains is a sign of a clogged sewer drain.
How to Clear a Clogged Drain?
Here’s how you should try to clear a clogged drain before calling a plumber;
- Turn the faucet on until the sink is partly filled with water.
- If you have a clogged double kitchen sink, plug one of the drains with a wet rag.
- If it’s a clogged bathroom sink, be sure to cover the overflow hole.
- After that, start to plunge the open drain with a cup plunger.
- Work the plunger up and down, then pull it off, and repeat the process a few times.
Unfortunately, neglected pipes can be lined with years of buildup, from rust and hair to grease and other harsh minerals. This buildup can cause dangerous corrosion, leaving your pipes damaged. Regular maintenance from MPE Plumbing professionals can save you serious money in the long run by preventing costly repairs or pipe replacements.
Preventative maintenance helps homeowners avoid unwanted and frustrating clogs. This is the easiest way to keep your home plumbing system happy, healthy and clog-free. That’s why Mr. Rooter offers an affordable maintenance plan to ensure your pipes and drains are properly cleaned and maintained year-round.
Do You Have a Plumbing Emergency?
If just one drain is giving you trouble and threatening water overflow, turn off the shutoff valve specific to that fixture before you get help. If you do run into a drain emergency such as a major water leak, we recommend locating and turning off the main shutoff valve in your home. If you aren’t familiar with this area of your home or don’t feel confident making certain plumbing decisions, be sure to call MPE Maintenance Plumbing Experts right away! We are here for all your emergency plumbing and drain concerns.
Tackle drain problems without breaking a sweat: Call 1300 773 444
Why MPE Maintenance Plumbing Experts?
If you’re looking for emergency plumbing then We are open 24/7/365. All of our customers receive quick and reliable service. Find out our exciting deals by visiting our plumbing services pages.
FREE Call OutNo Callout Fee this Month
Ts & C's Apply
Save $70On Your First Service
Ts & C's Apply
Save $93On Blocked Drains
Ts & C's Apply